This recipe is so simple and you only really need one bowl to prepare the mixture. These are flavoured with banana and aren't too heavy or overly sweet so you can enjoy them for breakfast or an afternoon snack. These will retain their moisture even after cooling so they can be prepared to take the work or school the next few days .I found them to be even tastier the next day.
2 large ripe bananas
2 cups traditional oats ground into flour 1/4 cup desiccated coconut sprinkle of ground cinnamon 1 tsp baking powder 2 tbsp coconut oil (I used Niulife Organic Extra Virgin coconut oil) 3/4 cups soy milk (or other plant milk of choice) 3 tbsp maple syrup 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1. Pre-heat oven to 190 degrees Celsius and prepare a muffin tray. You can use muffin liners or a non stick muffin tray without liners.
2. In a large bowl, add the ripe bananas and mash with a fork. Add the milk, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, coconut oil and baking powder. Stir.
3. Add the oat flour, cinnamon and desiccated coconut. Give it another quick stir and taste to see if you need to adjust sweetness.
4. Spoon mixture into your muffin tray and bake for about 35 mins until they're golden on top and somewhat firm to touch. You can insert a skewer or toothpick and it should come out clean but still moist.
5. Remove from the oven and let it rest for 5 mins before transferring to a cooling rack. Let them cool completely. Store in an air tight container for several days.
Enjoy! Remember to tag @veganbyeden if you try these muffins :)