If you like bread and you like pizza, you'll love this cheesy pull apart bread. I'm more of a savoury fan and this really satisfied by savoury cravings. I used a vegan cashew nut cheese from Sprout and Kernel in Chive flavour. I have a video below to show you how I rolled it up :)
For the dough:
3 cups plain flour 1 packet dry yeast 1/2 cup vegan butter melted 3/4 cups soy milk, warm Pinch of salt 1 tbsp brown sugar 6 tbsp warm water
2 tbsp tomato paste vegan cheese Italian herbs Salt & pepper Olive oil to brush on the dough
1. In a small bowl or cup, combine the yeast with brown sugar and warm water. Mix and let it sit to fluff up.
2. In a large bowl, add the flour and salt. Add the melted butter and soy milk. Both should be warm but not hot.Add the yeast once it has fluffed up. Mix to form a soft dough. Knead for a few minutes and roll into a ball. Cover the bowl with glad wrap or a kitchen towel and let it sit for 1 hour to rise.
3. Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
4. Once it has risen, transfer to a clean floured surface and knead for 5 mins. Roll into a rectangle and spread the tomato paste on top. Add the vegan cheese and sprinkle with Italian herbs and salt/pepper.
5. Roll the dough as shown in the video below.
6. Brush with olive oil and bake in the oven for 30 mins or until golden and cooked through. Enjoy!!