You all know I've been loving my mini loafs lately so here is another great savoury recipe for the perfect breakfast or lunch on the go. These are made with zucchini, carrot, peas, corn and a vegan cheese. The cheese is optional as I know it can be expensive or hard to find in some areas but it really adds a nice touch. (I used a shredded mozzarella type of vegan cheese)
I like to bake these on a Sunday, ready for the week ahead and store them in a container in the fridge. You can heat them up if you like but I've been enjoying them cold because it's quite warm here in Sydney right now.
1 1/2 cups flour 1 tsp baking powder pinch of salt 1 cup soy milk
1 tsp apple cider vinegar 1/4 cup vegetable oil 1 zucchini, grated 2 carrots, grated
1/2 cup corn kernels 1/2 cup frozen peas 1 cup vegan cheese of your choice (I used Sheese grated mozzarella)
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. In a large bowl combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Add the milk, apple cider vinegar and vegetable oil and mix together only briefly.
3. Once mixed through, add the zucchini, carrot, peas, corn and cheese. Mix together until the flour is mixed in and the veggies and cheese are all coated. You can add more cheese if you would like them to be very cheesy :)
4. Spoon the mixture into a mini loaf pan or a muffin pan. I use silicone ones so they pop out easily, if you're using something other than silicone I recommend using baking paper as lining.
5. Bake in the oven for about 35-40 mins or until they're slightly golden on top and a skewer comes out clean. I'd recommend checking on them regularly as cooking times will vary with ovens.
6. Remove from the oven and let them cool entirely. Store in a container in the fridge for up to 1 week. Enjoy!