These bars are filled with oats, almonds and coconut with a layer of caramel and coated in chocolate. They're a little slice of heaven and will definitely satisfy your sweet cravings. Keep them in the fridge and enjoy them on a warm day. Embrace the mess because it's the taste that counts :)
1 cup oat flour 1/2 cup almond flour
1/2 cup dessicated coconut
2 tbsp coconut oil 2 tbsp maple syrup
for the caramel: 4 tbsp date syrup 1 can coconut milk (just the top thick creamy part)
1 cup melted chocolate for coating
1. You can use oat flour and almond flour or if you have a processor you can use whole oats and almonds and process them into a flour. Add them to a bowl with the coconut.
2. Add the coconut oil and maple syrup. Stir the mixture until it starts to stick together. Then using your hands press it together to stick and transfer to a square or rectangle tin or container. You can use baking paper to line it so it's easy to pull out later. Press the mix down firmly (you can use the bottom of a glass to pack it in tightly)
3. Cover and place in the freezer for about 15 mins while you make the caramel.
4. To make the caramel I simply combined some date syrup with the thick top layer of coconut milk from a can. You can put a can of coconut cream in the fridge overnight to create this layer that you can then scoop out. Mix the two together in a small bowl until well combined.
5. Remove the mixture from the freezer and pour the caramel on top. Use the back of a spoon to smooth it out. Return to the freezer for about 15-20 mins.
6. To melt the chocolate, place the chips or choc pieces in a small bowl and heat in a microwave or melt in a water bath. Keep stirring until the chocolate is melted and let it cool a little.
7. Using a spoon, pour melted chocolate over each bar to cover it, then place it back on a lined tray to set. Keep refrigerated in a container for up to 1 week.