Nothing beats a warm bowl of pasta with a classic tomato sauce. This is one of my favourite go-to recipes when I want something hearty and nourishing. It only requires a few ingredients and is ready in 30 minutes!
It's always great to keep canned veggies and tomatoes in your pantry so that you can throw things together and make a delicious meal, even if you don't have fresh veggies at hand. I like to stock my pantry with chickpeas, beans, lentils, canned tomatoes and tomato paste so that I can quickly create a midweek meal with little effort.
3 cloves garlic, minced 1 can tomatoes, chopped 1 tbsp tomato paste 1 tbsp olive oil Salt and pepper to taste Dried Italian herbs or a handful of fresh basil ½ tsp chili flakes (optional) Your favourite type of pasta – enough for 2 people
1. Heat the olive oil on medium heat. Add the minced garlic and cook for a few minutes until they soften and become fragrant.
2. Add the chopped tomatoes and tomato paste. Stir and let it come to the boil. Add the basil or dried herbs, chili flakes and salt and pepper. Reduce the heat to a low simmer.
3. Let it simmer for 30 mins until the sauce thickens.
4. Bring a large pot of water to the boil and cook your pasta according to packet instructions. You can use any pasta you like, I used fettuccine.
5. Stir the sauce through the cooked pasta and garnish with cherry tomatoes or fresh basil if you like. Serve warm and enjoy!
Tag @veganbyeden if you try this recipe and love it. I'd love to see your delicious pasta creations.