These chocolate & peanut butter granola bars are the perfect healthy snack to cure those munchies. They're vegan, dairy free and you can get really creative by adding any other type of nuts or seeds that you have on hand.
You can prepare these on a Sunday to have a healthy, nutritious snack ready for the rest of the week =)
I like to roast the oats and nuts for a short time before making these but you can leave them raw if you like, I will skip that step occasionally if I don't have the time.
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup raw almonds
3/4 cups medjool dates
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 tbsp chia seeds
¼ cup dark chocolate chips
1. Roast the oats and almonds in the oven for 10-15 mins until fragrant or if you want to use them raw, skip to step 2.
2. Process the pitted dates in a food processor until they break down and start to form a ball. Place in a large mixing bowl.
3. Remove oats and almonds from the oven. I like to roughly chop the almonds into smaller pieces and then add them to the bowl along with the oats.
4. Add the chia seeds and dark chocolate chips. Melt the peanut butter before adding to the bowl.
5. Mix the ingredients together using your hands, it should all stick together. Press the mix into a small loaf pan or container – line with baking paper so that you can pull it out easily.
6. Place in the fridge for 4-6 hours (I like to leave it overnight) then slice into desired pieces and enjoy!
Store the granola bars in an air tight container and keep refrigerated.
Tag @veganbyeden on Instagram if you try this recipe, I've love to see what you come up with.