These Matcha bliss balls are raw, dairy-free, vegan and require NO baking!
They're naturally sweetened and you can make them gluten free by using a GF brand of protein powder. Perfect to cure those afternoon sweet cravings or as a snack for anytime of the day. Make them ahead of time to have a healthy & nourishing snack ready for the week.
If you don't want to use a protein powder you can use rolled oats instead. Just add 1/4 cup of oats to the mixture instead and enjoy the matcha goodness!
1 cup raw almonds
Half a cup medjool dates (I used about 6)
2 tsp organic matcha powder
1/4 cup desiccated coconut (plus more for coating)
1 scoop vanilla flavoured protein powder 1 tbs chia seeds
1 tbsp maple syrup
1. Add the almonds to a food processor and mix to break them down to small pieces. Place them in a large bowl.
2. Add the dates to the processor and mix them until they start to form a ball. Add to the bowl.
3. Add the matcha powder, desiccated coconut, protein powder, chia seeds and maple syrup. Mix the ingredients together using your hands. Add 1 or 2 tbsp water if the mixture is not sticky enough.
4. Using your hands, roll the mixture into balls and dip them into desiccated coconut. Roll them around so they're evenly coated with coconut on the outside.
5. Repeat and place the bliss balls on a tray. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours to set. Enjoy!
They can be stored in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to a week.