If you love matcha you're in for a treat. These three layer matcha cheesecakes are so delicious and require no baking! Creamy layers of chocolate, vanilla and matcha, then drizzled with melted chocolate, these tasty cheesecakes are dairy-free, vegan and gluten-free! Just make sure to use a gluten free chocolate to melt on top if you want to keep this strictly gluten-free, otherwise decorate with anything else you'd like.
1 cup raw cashews, soaked
1/3 cup maple syrup
pinch of salt
1/4 cup melted cacao butter
1 tbsp cup melted coconut oil
1/3 cup coconut milk from a can
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp cocoa powder 1 tbsp matcha powder
Chocolate to melt on top Silicone cupcake or muffin moulds/tray
1. Blend together the soaked cashews, maple syrup, salt, cacao butter, coconut oil, coconut milk and vanilla extract until smooth and creamy. Separate the mix into three so you can prepare your vanilla, chocolate and matcha layers.
2. Add the cocoa powder to 1/3 of your vanilla mix and blend until smooth. Spoon the chocolate layer into the moulds so they're 1/3 full. Place them in the freezer until they set.
3. Remove from the freezer and spoon the vanilla layer in until they're 1/2 full and return to the freezer to set.
4. Add the matcha powder to your last portion of mix and blend until smooth. Remove moulds from the freezer and spoon the matcha layer in until they're full. Return to the freezer and let them set overnight.
5. Decorate them with anything you'd like. I melted some vegan/gf chocolate chips in the microwave and then drizzled over the cakes with a spoon. I also sprinkled with some ground pistachio. Yum!
Tag @veganbyeden if you try my matcha cheesecake recipe :)