These cookies are SO easy to make, they took no time to prepare and were ready in less than 30 mins. They're made with minimal ingredients and perfect for a quick sweet treat. I quickly came up with them as I was bored and wanted to try something with the ingredients that I already had, I think I'll be making these more often now!
They look a bit dry but are actually really soft and chewy!
This will make about 12 cookies. You can half the recipe to make 6.
1 cup almonds
1 cup oats
2 tbsp maple syrup 1/4 cup vegetable oil (or coconut oil)
Chocolate for melting on top
1. In a blender, process the almonds and oat down into a flour and transfer to a bowl.
2. Add the maple syrup and oil gradually until mixture sticks together. You can give it a taste and add more maple syrup if you want a sweeter taste. Cover and chill for 10 mins.
3. Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius.
4. To form cookies, roll into balls using your hands and flatten. Then press down the middle gently and place on a lined baking tray. Bake for 10 mins until slightly golden.
5. Remove from the oven and let them sit for about 10 mins. Melt enough chocolate to pour into the middle of each cookie.
6. You can leave them as is or sprinkle with sesame seeds or crushed nuts, coconut etc.
You can also try this with peanut butter in the middle instead of chocolate :)