This deliciously smooth cheesecake recipe will satisfy all your sweet and tangy cravings. No baking required, simply pop them in the freezer to set! 3 delicious layers - chocolate, vanilla and passionfruit, topped with fresh passionfruit pulp. YUM!
4 fresh passionfruits
2 cups cashews
1 cup coconut milk
1/4 cacao butter
1/3 cup maple syrup
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 cup tropical juice
1 x silicone muffin tray (or any muffin tray)
Yellow food dye - completely optional for the passionfruit layer
1. In a blender combine the cashews, coconut milk, cacao butter, maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla extract. Blend until the cashews are broken down and the mixture is creamy and smooth.
2. Separate the cashew mix into 3 separate bowls, these will be your 3 layers.
3. For the first base layer, add the cocoa powder to one of the portions. Mix together and spoon into each muffin mould, only filling them up 1/3 of the way. Place in the freezer for 10 to 15 mins.
4. Once chocolate layer has set, remove from the freezer and spoon the vanilla layer on top. Only fill the moulds 2/3 of the way. Return to the freezer for 15 mins.
5. Once vanilla layer has set, remove from the freezer and top with the passionfruit portion. To make this layer add the pulp from 2 of the passionfruit and the tropical juice to the cashew cream mix. Mix together. I used a little yellow food dye because I wanted a brighter yellow colour for this layer. You can skip this if you prefer not to use food dye (the colour may be similar to that of the vanilla layer) Return to the freezer and let it set overnight.
6. Once the cheesecakes have set you can top them with more passionfruit pulp. Remove the pulp from the 2 remaining passionfruit and mix in 1 tsp of maple syrup. Stir together and then spoon the mix evenly on top of each cake. Store them in the freezer and remove 30 mins before serving. Enjoy!