These no-bake peanut butter bars are DELICIOUS and made with healthy, wholesome ingredients. So easy to make and so tasty, you will want to eat the whole lot! Soft and chewy, these are great to enjoy straight out of the fridge on a warm day.
1 cup oats, ground 1/2 cup almonds, ground 1/2 cup desiccated coconut 1 tbsp maple syrup 2 or 3 medjool dates 1 tbsp coconut oil
1/2 cup peanut butter 1/2 cup chocolate chips
1. Use a food processor to grind the oats and almonds to make a flour. Process the dates until they break down and form a ball.
2. Add the oat and almond flour and dates to a large bowl. Add the desiccated coconut, maple syrup and coconut oil. Mix together using a spoon until it starts to stick together and then switch to using your hands to make a sticky mixture.
3. Press the mixture into a container - it can be any shape you like but if you want to make bars, use a rectangle one. Use some baking paper to line the container so you can pull it out easily later. Press the mixture down using the base of a drinking glass. Cover and place in the freezer for 15-20 mins.
4. Heat the peanut butter for about 30 seconds in the microwave so it softens a little. Remove the container from the freezer and pour the peanut butter over the top. Smooth the top using the back of a spoon. Return to the freezer for another 15 mins.
5. Melt the chocolate pieces or chocolate chips and let it cool a little. Remove the container from the freezer and remove the oat & peanut butter mix. Cut it up into bars and drizzle with melted chocolate (you can do this using a spoon) keep refrigerated for up to 1 week. Enjoy!