These are as DELICIOUS as they look! Pesto covered jumbo pasta shells stuffed with a homemade cashew cream cheese. Unlike my other shells which are baked with a tomato sauce, these don't need baking so they are a little more time efficient. Perhaps a weekend dinner idea?
Enough pasta shells for 2 people
for the pesto:
1 large bunch of fresh basil 1/2 lemon juice 2 tbsp nutritional yeast handful pine nuts 2 cloves garlic
1/4 cup olive oil
salt & pepper
for the cashew cream:
2 cups raw cashews (You can soak these for best results) 1/4 cup olive oil 1/4 cup nutritional yeast 2 cloves garlic 1 tsp mustard Salt & pepper Water (as much as needed)
1. Bring a large pot of water to the boil and add salt (optional) cook the pasta shells al dente. Do not overcook because they will fall apart when you are stuffing them.
2. In a blender combine the pesto ingredients and mix until combined. Transfer to a bowl.
3. In a blender combine the cashew cream ingredients. Slowly add small amounts of water as you mix until the mixture is creamy and smooth. Transfer to a bowl.
4. Drain the pasta shells and add the pesto. Stir to the shells are evenly coated.
5. Stuff the shells with the cashew cream. I did this by holding a shell in one hand and stuffing with a spoon.
Serve with some oven roasted cherry tomatoes, or salad or anything else you love. Enjoy!!