These homemade pomegranate mini cheesecakes have 3 creamy layers of chocolate, vanilla and pomegranate topped with a juicy and fresh pomegranate sauce.
They're raw so you just need to pop them in the freezer overnight to set. I made the sauce for the topping on the day of serving them. You can then store them in a container in the freezer for later. Yum!
You only need one large pomegranate for this recipe though you can use more to intensify the flavour.
I use a reusable silicone muffin pan for the cheesecakes. They're easy to use and pull the cheesecakes out later without a mess. If you using a hard muffin tray, to make it easier to remove the cheesecakes once frozen, you can cut a few thin strips of baking paper and place them in each mould to form a cross. (I hope that makes sense)
For the cheesecakes:
2 cups cashews
1 cup coconut milk
1/4 cacao butter
1/3 cup maple syrup
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 cup pomegranate juice 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
1 x silicone muffin tray (or any muffin tray)
For the pomegranate sauce:
1/4 cup pomegranate juice 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds 1 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp chia seeds to thicken it up
1. In a blender combine the cashews, coconut milk, cacao butter, maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla extract. Blend until the cashews are broken down and the mixture is creamy and smooth.
2. Separate the mixture into 3 separate bowls. One for chocolate, one for vanilla and one for pomegranate.
3. For the first base layer, add the cocoa powder to one of the portions. Mix together and spoon into each muffin mould, only filling them up 1/3 of the way. Place in the freezer for 10 to 15 mins.
4. Once chocolate layer has set, remove from the freezer and spoon the vanilla layer on top. Only fill the moulds 2/3 of the way. Return to the freezer for 15 mins.
5. While that sets you can prepare the pomegranate portion. Combine the remaining portion of the cashew mixture with the pomegranate juice and seeds. Give it a mix in the blender and transfer to a bowl. Once the vanilla layer has set, remove from freezer and top with the pomegranate mixture until moulds are full. Return to the freezer and let it set for at least 6 hours but overnight is ideal.
6. To prepare the pomegranate sauce, combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix. I left mine in the fridge for about an hour for it to thicken. Spoon the mixture on top of the cheesecakes. Store them in a container in the freezer and remove them about 30 mins before serving. Enjoy!