I didn't know if I should call these brownies or a fudge slice but I can tell you they're FUDGY and delicious. I made these with a salted caramel flavoured protein powder (from Prana On) and we all know adding protein powder to a recipe makes it healthy right? haha!
If you don't wish to use protein powder, you could make salted caramel another way. You could make a date caramel by blending together some pitted dates, peanut butter, a bit of salt and water. You could also make a coconut caramel (I absolutely LOVE making this) by heating up some coconut sugar in a saucepan, adding coconut cream and a dash of salt. I use equal parts coconut sugar and cream.
1 cup plant milk (I used soy) 1/4 cup peanut butter, melted 1/4 cup cacao butter, melted 1 tbsp maple syrup 1 cup plain flour 1/2 cup coconut sugar 1 scoop protein powder (I used salted caramel flavour) 1 tbsp baking powder 1/4 cup choc spread
1. Combine the wet ingredients in a bowl (milk, PB, cacao butter, maple syrup) mix together.
2. Add the dry ingredients (flour, protein powder, coconut sugar, baking powder)
3. Gently mix together until you no longer see the flour (don’t over mix)
4. Pour mixture into a lined baking square.
5. Melt the chocolate spread and spoon on top. Use a knife to create swirls. Bake in the oven for about 30 mins until a skewer comes out clean but moist (this will keep them fudgy)
6. Allow it to cool before slicing into squares and enjoy!
You can keep these in a container in the fridge for up to 5 days (if they last that long)