If you're a fan of savoury food you'll love these sun-dried tomato puff pasty scrolls. They're flaky and perfect when warm, straight out of the oven. I added my favourite vegan nut cheese, the flavour with the tomato paste is fantastic!
I made the paste in my blender using dehydrated sun-dried tomatoes which I soaked for 15 mins first. You can use the ones that come in oil which won't need soaking.
For the sun dried tomato paste:
3 sheets of puff pastry (cut in half to make 6 rectangles)
1 cup sun dried tomatoes
2 cloves garlic
1 tbsp olive oil
salt pepper to taste
1 cup water
Your favourite vegan cheese
sesame seeds to sprinkle on top
1. Place the sun-dried tomato, garlic, olive oil and salt & pepper in a blender. Start with half the water and add more gradually until you get a paste like consistency.
2. Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
3. Spread the sun-dried tomato paste over each sheet of puff pastry. Make sure the pastry has thawed so it can be rolled up. Sprinkle the cheese on top.
4. Roll up the pastry to form a log, then form a spiral by rolling it inward. Repeat with remaining pieces of pastry and place them on a lined baking tray.
5. Brush with water and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake for about 15-20 mins until golden on top. Remove from the oven and let it cool for 5-10 mins before serving. Enjoy!
You can store any leftover sun-dried tomato paste in a jar in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
You can also make these and freeze them before cooking. I like to do this so I can just pop them in the oven and have a snack or breakfast scroll ready in no time.