You can't go wrong with puff pastry and veggies! They're easy to make and oh so delicious. These delicious pastries are filled with TVP (a mince like substitute that you can find from Asian grocers) and some mushrooms, carrots, peas and a vegan gravy.
You can find vegan puff pastry and gravy in most supermarkets, just check the ingredients or do a quick google search to find the best brand near you :)
Makes 16 triangles
4 sheet of puff pastry, each sheet cut into 4 squares
60g TVP soaked in veggie stock 100g mushrooms, diced
1 large carrot, shredded
60g baby spinach
1 tsp tamari
1 cup vegan gravy
1 tbsp olive oil 1 clove garlic minced Sesame seeds to sprinkle on top
1. In a small bowl combine the dry TVP with the hot veggie stock and let it sit for 10 mins until it gets fluffy and soaks up the liquid.
2. In a large pan, heat the olive oil and add the garlic and mushroom. Cook for a few mins until mushrooms start to brown. Add the tamari and stir.
3. Add the TVP, carrot and peas. Cook for a few minutes until carrot softens. Stir and season with some salt and pepper.
4. Lastly add the gravy and give it a good stir so all veggies are coated. Remove from heat.
5. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees celsius.
6. Cut the puff pastry sheet into 4 squares. Place a spoonful of the mixture in the centre of each square and fold it in half to form a triangle and press the edges down to seal. Use a fork to press down along the edges to create some lines.
7. Place the triangles on a lined baking tray and brush the tops with a bit of water. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and place them in the oven for about 20-25 mins or until golden brown.
8. Remove from the oven and let them cool on the tray for a few mins before moving them to a cooling rack. Serve warm and enjoy!